Eclectic bohemian mountain fairy tale wedding
Jen and Michelle’s eclectic bohemian fairytale wedding was inspired by the beautiful mountains of Utah.
Michelle proposed to Jen while she was at work:
Jen and Michelle had two major challenges:
1. I broke my policy to never hire friends and family. This ended up causing a lot of stress that we didn’t need during the planning process and nearly ruined my relationship with one of my closest friends who I had hired.
2. Because we had multiple venues and needed someone to help with a coordinated ceremony, we knew we needed at least a day-of wedding coordinator. We made the mistake of going against our gut and hired a budget-friendly company who was only in the business part-time. This was a huge mistake and caused a lot of problems on our wedding day! We realized after the wedding that we should have hired the more expensive wedding coordinator we interviewed. She probably would have saved us money and a lot of stress in the long run.
This their advice for couples who are getting married:
Your wedding is about you and your personalities! Everything else is just noise. You will get plenty of opinions during the planning process (whether you want them or not), but you and your partner should always have each other’s backs and the final say. If you have kids, make sure you involve them in some of the decisions and decor. It’s their wedding, too. Always go with your gut when hiring vendors and venues!
Photographer: Sara Boulter Photography
Ceremony Venue: Storm Mountain Picnic Site
Reception Venue: Tracy Aviary
Florist: Magnolia and Lace
DJ: Surreal Sound
Videographer: Happy Day Productions
Catering: Rockwell Catering
Cake Designer: Sweet Cake Bake Shop
Officiant: Steve Meadows
Furniture: Shabby Chic Sisters
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot